Macbook pro screen flickering problem solution: If you see your mac computer screen is unresponsive and it’s glitching or if you see flickering lines in your macbook then you are in the right place. Hear in this article we will discuss the causes of this problem and how you can solve it easily.
Why is my Mac screen flickering?
- System glitch or ui crash – Although apple products are always use to be good but in some updates contain bugs. In ui crash due to overheating or heavy tasking we see this problem. You can solve these problems easily just by restarting the MacBook or by updating it to the latest version.
- Water damage – If you have dropped water or any liquid substance in your MacBook then the water molecules may came in contact with any internal board unit and that’s causing the problem.
- Battery problem – Check your macbook battery health if it’s battery cycle is too high then replace it (Determine battery cycle count for Mac laptops).
- Major hardware issue – This can be your display damage or display cable damage in macbook our display is connected with the body by a thin cable. If it’s broken then you will see this problem it can be like in some angles while you bend the MacBook you will see this problem.
How to fix MacBook screen flickering
Restart your macbook – This is the first thing that you should/ every user should do who is facing this issue, Sometimes we just face this problem because of simple software glitches or ui crash. It’s not an big issue you can solve it just by restarting the smartphone.
Open your MacBook in safe boot mode –
- At FIRST shut down your MacBook.
- Then press and hold the d button of your laptop.
- Now you have to wait and your laptop will open in safe bootmode.
- Now shut down your laptop again and reopen it again but this time don’t press any key this time it will open in normal mode.
Update your laptop
- Click on the apple logo which is in the top corner.
- About This Mac.
- Now select software update.
- Now if you see any new update there then update it.
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Now when the MacBook will be totally shut down, Press and hold the option + shift button with power button for around 10 seconds.
- Now turn on your laptop again as like normally press the power button.
- Now your MacBook sec will be reserted.
Reset your NVRAM or PRAM Chip
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Press the power button to open it again.
- While starting immediately press and hold the Option + Command + P + R keys. Release all these keys after10 to 20 seconds later.
Dignose the MacBook
- Shut down your Mac computer.
- Now turn on it again and immediately press and hold the d key of your Mac.
- Now select network and wait you will see your Mac will diagnose.
Hardware issue – This thing happen many times our display is connected with our mac machine through a thin rubber cable sometimes if it’s broken or it it’s loosed then in this case also we will see the screen flickering problem this thing is very scary in apple service centre it can cost you a lot of money. How you can identify that this problem is there in your laptop or not is bent your laptop display and check in all angles if the issue will be there then in some angles you will see this screen flickering problem. If you see this problem and if it is adjustable then i suggest you, You it until you see any major problem.
In generally if the problem will be minor then it can solved but in critical cases apple doesn’t repair it then will tell you to replace the whole display which is very expensive and it can cost you a lot. But it’s always better to check visit any authorised apple service center near your locality and check your macbook there they will tell you the estimate money. How much it will cost you to repair the display or if it’s happening because of any other thing like battery issue or motherboard issue then price may vary.